Dutchy (Ship in a bottle)
Well, I couldn’t leave it alone. After the fun I had building the Hannah, I decided I had to try my hand at the Golden Yacht or Dutch Yacht (it’s marketed under both names).
A brief comparison of the two kits:
- It’s the same 1:300 scale though some things appear much smaller then they seem. The cannons are one example.
- The Bottle is clear glass rather then green and this particular one has some minor imperfections but I think I can work around the tiny bubbles.
- The instructions are still loaded with clearly defined sketches and very little English directions.
- The sails are still the same poor quality! I have extra cloth from the Hannah build.
- There are far more brass and white metal parts in this build.
- There are fewer wood pieces needed to construct the Bread & Butter hull.
- There is a lot more micro painting to be done….I need more toothpicks!